Magnificent benefits of video marketing for business
Video marketing for your company may sometimes not be among the top priorities of the content marketing strategy. It can be thought that it is one of the most expensive formats and that it is only accessible for large companies, but it is not so.
We could say that Marck Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook, was one of the first to take this step through Facebook. And we spend the day consuming audiovisual content through different social networks. Why not go one step further and do it live? The concept called video content has allowed us through Facebook Live, Instagram Stories and Periscope (Twitter) to know first-hand the opinion of the consumer who can interact at all times while the live broadcast is made. A method of connecting with people on a personal level, but also business, because it allows us to get closer and closer to our customers by making them participants and getting them to feel part of the brand.
1. Video Boosts Conversions and Sales
First things first. Videos can make you some serious money. Adding a product video on your landing page can increase conversions by 80%.
Video can also lead directly to sales. Studies show that 74% of users who watched an explainer-video about a product subsequently bought it. So better start crafting your exciting product videos now!
If you think about it, the effectiveness of video is not even that surprising. After all, vision is our most dominant sense. Most information transmitted to our brain is visual. So if already pictures can boost engagement massively, imagine what moving pictures can do to your business.
2. Video Shows Great ROI
To get you even more excited, 83% of businesses say that video provides good return on investment. Even though video production is not yet the easiest nor cheapest task, it pays off big time. Besides, online video editing tools are constantly improving and becoming more affordable. And even your smartphone can make pretty decent videos already.
Another good news is that your videos don’t have to be perfect. It’s the content that matters! Latest research shows that users are mostly put off by videos that don’t explain the product or service clearly enough. Low quality and poor design didn’t matter nearly as much. So it’s fair to say that video is like pizza – when it’s bad, it’s still pretty good!
3. Video Builds Trust
Trust is the foundation of conversions and sales. But building trust should be a goal on its own. The whole concept of content marketing is based on trust and creating long-term relationships. Stop selling and let the people come to you by providing them interesting and useful information. I couldn’t have said it better than Mark Schaefer, the Executive Director of Schaefer Marketing Solutions:
The new era demands a focus on ignition, not just content, on trust, not just traffic, and on the elite people in your audience who are spreading and advocating your content.
Video does it all. Video content is likely to engage us and ignite emotions. And when we talk about elite people in the audience, YouTubers have become the most powerful social media figure to promote your brand. So, if you are serious about content marketing, you must be serious about video, too.
Promotional videos can foster trust as well. Some consumers are still skeptical about buying products and services on the internet because they fear fraud and cheating. But effective marketing videos present your products in a conversational form. That creates a sense of individual approach which is why 57% of consumers say that videos gave them more confidence to purchase online.
4. Google Loves Videos
Videos allow you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site. Thus, longer exposure builds trust and signals search engines that your site has good content. Moovly gives us whopping statistics: You’re 53 times more likely show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website. Since Google now owns YouTube, there has been a significant increase in how much videos affect your search engine rank.
Make sure to optimize your videos on Youtube for SEO. Write interesting titles and descriptions. Add a link back to your website, products, and services. Give potential customers the way to take the next step. And explore the world of interactive videos, to encourage actions even more.
5. Video Appeals to Mobile Users
Video and mobile go hand in hand. 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile. From Q3 of 2019, mobile video views have grown more than 233 percent. YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year. Since people like to watch videos on the go, and the number of smartphone users is growing, your video audience keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Also, Google tells us that smartphone users are twice as likely than TV viewers and 1.4 times more likely as desktop viewers to feel a sense of personal connection to brands that show video content or ads on their devices.
The growth of mobile video means, brands need to be sensitive to the personal experience people have on their smartphones. For example, give them a better choice in the video content they consume.
6. Video Marketing Can Explain Everything
Are you launching a new product or a service? Create a video to show how it works. 98% of users say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service. That is why 45% of businesses who use video marketing said that they have an explainer video on their home page. Of those businesses, 83% said that their homepage explainer video was effective.
Trying to explain a difficult concept? Create animated videos. Animation can bring concepts to life that no text or live video can. Besides, boring talking heads are not enough anymore to break through the clutter. Animated videos are a perfect combination of entertainment, nostalgia, and simplicity. And they work.
7. Video Engages Even the Laziest Buyers
Video is a great tool for learning, but it’s also super easy to consume. Today’s life is too busy to have time to read long product descriptions or dig deep into services. The modern customer wants to see the product in action. Video preference is one of the most important driving forces of using video in your content marketing.
Video marketing can capture a wide audience, and it works on many levels. Even the laziest ones. Make sure you target not only to the eyes but also to the ears of the potential client. Your competitive advantage gets double power!
11 Top Video Trends in 2020
1. Majority of consumers prefer video content to reading. Consumer preference will lead to video explosion in content marketing. Video will be used more for converting and lead generation. A lot of potential buyers don’t want to talk to salespeople. This is where video can influence sales in later stages.
The popularity of video also means that more content at the top of the funnel has to be in video format. In B2C it’s almost obvious. But B2B-people are people, too. Video content is more likely to keep the audience in the comfort zone, and they will not engage in system 2 thinking. System 1 autopilot mental state should lead to less critical thinking, less friction, and more conversions.
2. The content quality is very important, but the production quality is not that important. Production quality and technical aspects have to be OK but not world class. Better production quality is correlated with more trust, but it can’t make up for the lack of substance. So, Facebook Live videos, webinar recordings, and other video material with good enough production quality will work as long as the content itself is engaging.
3. The acceptance of good enough production quality will lead to a massive amount of video content created ad-hoc on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
4. This will lead brands to start thinking strategically about the video. How different video formats and channels can support each other. How to create cornerstone video content that can be atomized, expanded, and combined with other content formats. Finding ways to get the most mileage from their videos.
5. Storytelling will be more important than ever. People can read through a list of facts or instructions in an article but present that in a video, and you will lose your audience. The flow of the presentation and emotional connection to the viewer are going to make or break a video.
6. Testing in video marketing. There are no set rules of thumb. When brands are figuring out their approach to video a lot of experimenting needs to take place. Long vs. short versions in different channels. Animation, talking heads, actors, CGI. How to present introductions, hooks, and calls-to-action in the video.
7. Videos need to be optimized for specific platforms and different use cases. For example, sometimes we need to look at videos without sound. Subtitles or on-screen text that convey the message when there’s no sound. Research from TV ads shows better message recall when the ad has the same language subtitles.
8. Live video streams will become an important part of the video content. In its original live format and promoting the recorded material after the event. Bring live events to their audience, hold a live Q&A session, interviews with influencers help to engage and build brand awareness.
9. Video=Youtube. Facebook will try to take video leadership from Youtube. Youtube is a great place for independent content creators and brands to build their following. Monetization has a clear solution on Youtube and not on Facebook. Facebook needs to find a way to bring big Youtube stars to its platform.
10. Videos will also be used in personal sales and support. This can be done in two ways. First and the more scalable option is to use pre-recorded clips with sales or support people. The second option is to record short messages for specific needs so that (potential) customers can watch them at a convenient time.
11. The ROI of video marketing. Top of the funnel video content can be hard to measure, but more videos will be used in the sales process closer to the actual conversion. Video will speed up sales cycles as prospects think less and act sooner.
Video advertising is becoming more and more affordable and widespread. Video adoption grows partly because advances in technology but also because it’s easy to spread across the globe. Making marketing videos for your business requires creativity and knowledge of human psychology. The cocktail of these components makes it possible to create real miracles of advertising at minimal cost.
Emotionally charged, creative video advertising can be spread on the Internet in a matter of days, getting millions of views. And this is the whole point of video marketing: the only creative survive!
You don't have a plan for your business yet?
Don't worry, we help you!